Mabuhay! And thank you for visiting our MGB-7 website!
Welcome to the realm of the Mines and Geosciences Bureau Region 7 Central Visayas where you would feast on mining, mineral resources, technical and scientific data and information pertinent to Cebu, Bohol, Negros and Siquijor Provinces.
As we begin to embark on our journey towards fulfilling our flagship programs and targets for this year 2016, let us recount for a moment the significant milestones that we have achieved in 2015:
- In continuity of the 1:10,000 scale National Geohazard Assessment and Mapping Program, the very first implementation of Subsidence (Karst) Hazard Assessment was undertaken in Mactan Island, in the Municipalities of Sta. Fe and Oslob and in the City of Bogo, all in the Province of Cebu, while the Vulnerability and Risk Assessment (VRA) Program was pioneered in the City of Tagbilaran, Province of Bohol.
- Groundwater Resource Assessment was carried out in the Municipality of Sta. Fe, Cebu Province.
- Coastal Geohazard Assessment covered the three (3) Provinces of Region 7 which include Cebu, Bohol and Negros Oriental. In Cebu, it covered the municipality of Samboan in the southwest mainland, and the three (3) municipalities within Bantayan Island which is located in the northern tip of Cebu island province, namely Sta. Fe, Bantayan, and Madridejos. In Bohol, it included municipalities of Panglao and Dauis. And in Negros Oriental, the assessment was completed in Dumaguete City.
- Information Education Communication (IEC) Program was successfully undertaken in the prioritized fourteen (14) target municipalities in northern Cebu mainland which were hardest hit by super typhoon Yolanda. The IEC was also able to cover the three (3) municipalities of the Bantayan Island.
- Various forms of other services and assistance for the interest and benefit of the general public were also performed which include, among others, the following:
- Acceptance, processing and issuance of Industrial Sand and Gravel, Mineral Processing Permits and Certificates of Accreditation
- Processing, evaluation and indorsement of Applications for Exploration Permits, Mineral Processing Permits, etc.
- Processing and issuance of Mineral Ore Export Permits, Ore Transport Permits for the transport/shipment of mineral ores and certifications for mineral/rock sample shipments..
- Monitoring of approved Mining Rights.
- Investigation of mining complaints and conflicts.
- Assistance to the concerned LGUs in the implementation of the MGB devolved functions thru the P/CMRBs
- Monitoring of Safety, Health, Environmental and Social Development Management Programs.
- Evaluation and approval of Safety and Health and Social Development Management Programs.
- Evaluation and indorsement of Environmental Protection and Enhancement Programs
Accomplishments of such huge scientific and technical tasks would not have been possible without the support of every member and team of the MGB-7 family who toiled with utmost perseverance and fortitude towards achieving the objectives and prevailing over all obstacles. To the ladies and gentlemen of this MGB-7 family, I am truly honored and grateful for giving me this opportunity of working with you. Your excellent accomplishments and unrelenting sense of public service never go unnoticed. Thank you indeed.
In behalf of the MGB-7 family, I would like to thank also our associates in the private sector, Local Government Units (LGUs), the general public, and other stakeholders who in many ways nobly contributed and helped in attaining our mandates, programs and services.
With continued effort, dedication and commitment, I believe we can accomplish all the work challenges and targets, with quality, integrity and professionalism for the year 2016 and beyond.
LORETO B. ALBURO, CESO VI