- Undertakes planning and programming and monitoring an evaluation of programs/projects/activities of the region.
- Provides technical assistance during the preparation of yearly budgetary estimates, and in the preparation of short, medium and long range plans for the region in the context of national development goals (MTPDP, MTPIP, GPOA, WFP).
- Evaluates and monitors plans and programs for local funding.
- Assists in the formulation of policies, plans and programs for regional operations.
- Coordinate and monitors statistical activities of the region.
- Collects, process, compiles and disseminate mineral statistics.
- Publish and disseminates mining and environment related literature and information materials.
- Conduct researches and socio-economic surveys in mining communities.
- Prepare press releases, conducts information, education campaign activites through radio/TV broadcast.
- Participates in exhibits, meetings, workshops, for a, seminars, roundtable discussion and other activities relating to the application of information, education and communication campaign of the regional office.